Monday, July 4, 2011

Makerbot Video... I like this! BPP Ceo on the BBC

About 17 years ago I was contracted into a General Motors Tech centre in Flint Michigan. One day I passed by a multi head cutter producing a clay version of a door trim.
My thought then was "The end is in sight for clay modellers."

Now, a few grey hairs later we have Makerbot for about a thousand pound sterling.
Here is the video.


If I was in the Design office now, I would definitely buy a couple of these. Virtual is great, but it's so nice to be able to pick something up and feel it and look at it on your desk.

On the BBC yesterday Show me the Money aired episode 32. BPP CEO Carl Lygo appeared on it. It is available online in the UK for the next week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012jgjm

Private Universities are being accepted into many markets. The Apollo Group (BPP owners) are very successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment