Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fasting, Ramadan, and special people

I had an email from Jimmy (my friend at Proton, Malaysia) wishing me well, and reminding me it is Ramadan. Jimmy is a Muslim.
So Happy Ramadan!
This is their fasting month.
I weighed myself today, and I'm 16stone 12lb. When I last saw Jimmy, I was about 20 stone. So I have dropped about 20 kilo.
http://fatfrank.wordpress.com/convert/
127.0 kg = 280 lbs = 20 stone 0 lbs
107.0 kg = 236 lbs = 16 stone 12 lbs

I am determined to lose more.

On a sad note Swami Dee, my friend and sometimes teacher in America has been ill. Her Doctor has said she may be suffering from a degenerative disease.
She asked me to pray for her. She is a lovely person. I'm not great at praying... but I'll say some for Dee.
I contacted a Monastery in Scotland, Samye Ling, asking them to pray for her. They aren't doing prayers at the moment?
So, I am asking a monastery in Tibet (DOLMA LHAKANG) to pray for her. Small donation required.
Dee incidentally, was kind enough to do a foreword for my Charity book.
 
 
Sue Williams, also a lovely person, wrote the recommendation. She has MS. She has kept it at bay for decades. Thinking about it, I know some very special people!
 
Lucky me.
 
Sue has just released a new book. This is the Penguin promo video.
 
My sister is visiting next week.  Kath, my sister was head of the junior school, while Sue was head of the senior school.
 So I've known Sue a long time. However, as she is based in Sydney, Australia I don't see her that much!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment