Thursday, March 13, 2014

DRB Hicom changing management... All's Well That Ends Well.

Firstly, my condolences to the friends and relatives of people on the recent Malaysian Airways flight that disappeared on its way to China. I have a friend who was on the earlier MAS flight to Bejing. It is big news here in the UK.
My day to day life goes on... From a corporate point of view, I am looking at things from a distance. I am not an insider so to speak.
As I am sure you are aware I write this blog about a proposal that uses Motorsport as a lever to teach.
As such I read articles on DRB Hicom as they own Proton and Group Lotus, and have a sales and development agreement with Westfield.
I have seen recent reports that DRB Hicom have recently lost an executive was deputy CEO for Proton. Datuk Lukman is on the left. DRB Hicom also owns it's own private University.

Supposedly, he was hand picked by the Proton Adviser Dr. Mahathir. It was rumoured Dr. M had resigned his adviser role in a huff. This has since been denied.

This article by Paul Tan covers it.
http://paultan.org/2014/03/13/dr-mahathir-set-leave-proton-adviser-post/

How does this affect my proposal? Well if Dr. Mahathir were to throw his weight behind it, as Adviser to Proton it would obviously enhance my chances of success.

It has been a long time since I suggested this proposal (I was working in Lotus Malaysia) and from day one, I thought this proposal would work. At the time I received little support from my Management. In fact they were so impressed they closed the training dept!

Did this worry me? Not at all. I'm in for the long haul. I ran the London Marathon 20 years ago. I set a target for weight loss and fitness last year, and have hit my targets.

I realised when I proposed this project, it was different from anything Lotus Engineering had done previously. I knew it would be a long bumpy road to approval. It has been!

All's Well That Ends Well - Shakespeare.  The Bard certainly got that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment