Monday, May 7, 2012

Skiddmark's Steve Davies answered my Query

This weekend I answered a request by Skiddmark to put questions to Lotus.
Steve Davies was kind enough to answer two of my requests/comments.
I don't think we are on the same page...
http://skiddmark.com/2012/05/lotus-what-happened-to-the-truth/

I do not understand why he thinks that I am suggesting splitting off cars from Engineering.
Lotus is Malaysian owned, before that it was Bugatti (Italian), before that GM (American) before that a conglomerate and before that it was under Colin Chapman.

Colin Chapman had an engineering arm which designed the DeLorean, the cars were separate, as was F1.
That is true today, other than Lotus have no F1 arm other than in name.

Skiddmark appear to be consultants for Lotus.

In today's Malaysian Business Times it is reported that Lotus is getting about £1 million a day pumped into it.

Business Times, however, understands that Lotus is in dire straits, with Proton having to pump in between £5 million and £8 million a week into it.

“This has been happening since January. The Lotus dream is turning into a nightmare for Proton. Those responsible must be held accountable,” said a banker familiar with the
matter.


Read more: No plan to sell off Lotus http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20120506231845/Article/#ixzz1uAkN3FcB


I look forward to reading Steve's report on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hope its not we could just make one new car instead of ...  and they have something clever up their sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment