Friday, May 4, 2012

DRB-Hicom MD meets Vince cable in Group Lotus HQ

In today's EDP24
http://www.edp24.co.uk/home/vince_cable_holds_lotus_talks_with_drb_hicom_boss_1_1368182

I see that DRB-Hicom have met with Vince Cable.

Business secretary Vince Cable yesterday discussed the future of Norfolk car maker Lotus in a face-to-face meeting with the boss of new owner DRB-Hicom stating the government stood ready to “reactivate” a £10m pledge to support the firm’s development plans.
Hicom’s group managing director Dato’ Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Bin Jamil flew into the UK for the talks which were organised in the past week and come days after the Malaysian owners, who bought parent company Proton in January, insisted they would seek a “win-win” solution for the company’s 1,200 staff and the wider community when deciding the future of the car maker.


  I hope that Vince and Dato' Jamil talked about my Motorsport University proposal. I am of the belief they both are aware of it.

I have written to DRB-Hicom, presented at the Asian Strategic Leadership Institute, and have been interviewed by Bernama. Plus I have been in contact with UKti and people with Proton and Lotus.

I hope both of these leaders discussed the proposal. If they like it, then others will follow.

Here is the Bernama TV interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment