Friday, January 8, 2010

Asean Strategic Leadership Institute 2010 Automotive Conference

l will be helping ASLI promote their future Automotive Conference:




It will coincide with the Kuala lumpur Auto Show.
Official Auto Show logo


Proton, the Malaysian car company that owns Group Lotus intend to show their cars in the Geneva Auto show for the first time this year.
Presently, the Detroit Auto show is on. I have been many times. Not this year though!
Here is a link to the Detroit News. It is an interactive flash demo allowing you to design your own concept car! The Detroit News and Freep both give the show good coverage. Incidently, China has just become the largest buyer of automobiles in the world overtaking America. So I imagine the Shanghai show is gaining relevance.

I went to last years ASLI promoted Automotive conference with Alex Yoong as my guest. The conference did not revolve around Motorsport, and as such Alex probably wondered why he was there! We did have several chats with the Bufori representatives. Alex has done some 'Motorsport' work for them since.

It did give me some credibility and it was nice to know that Alex is sympathetic towards my project. (Motorsport University Malaysia).

If Michael Schumacher is reading this please feel free to contact me and I'll see if I can get you in this year...

I do think if ASLI want Motorsport specific people to attend they might want to organise the topics for discussion to reflect that.

I have been invited to paticipate this year. As such I will be expected to present a slideshow for discussion.

As Motorsport University Malaysia is still in the proposal stage I may use the one below for discussion purposes.


You will see some project figures for potential students on page 36. These figures add up to ten thousand virtual students. You must remember that I felt these figures made sense at the time (3+ years ago).

On my webpage, I have revised these figures to reflect the expectations of Malaysia's most successful private University, Limkokwing.
The CEO of this University is setting the bar at One Million virtual students in the next ten years.

In corporate circles we benchmark against the best, or our perceived competition, so my more recent webpage reflects the Limkokwing goal...

My benchmark for virtual students Limkokwing





“I hope that within 10 years, we will reach one million students. You can’t have one million on campus but you can have one million students if you have a lot of them doing online courses,” he adds (taken from an interview with the Limkokwing CEO published on the 28th May 2009 in the Star)

I might add that in the initial slideshare presentation, I mention my history with group Lotus, and their apparent ambivalence (uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow; - wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn) towards the project.

Well, we have a whole raft of new management at Group Lotus, and a new entity in LotusF1 so I hope this will be reflected in their attitude to Motorsport University Malaysia.

Additionally, Petronas are a many faceted organisation. They are a major shareholder in Proton and group Lotus, as well as sponsors of Mercedes F1 among many other Motorsport teams. Perhaps they will give this project the consideration it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment