Saturday, October 27, 2012

DRB-Hicom LotusF1 rumours

I read in Skiddmark that there is a rumour that DRB-Hicom are interested in buying LotusF1.
http://skiddmark.com/2012/10/genii-set-to-off-load-the-lotus-f1-team/

Taken from article:
Rumours emerged in the past few days that Gerard Lopez’s Genii Capital, owners of Lotus F1, may be in talks to sell the team.
It’s merely a rumour at the moment, but Sky Sports F1 commentator Martin Brundle confirmed it during a broadcast from the Indian GP this morning, suggesting that DRB-Hicom owned Proton might be in the running.

As I have set up my proposal around Lotus this of interest to me. I see synergies here between education and Motorsport.

If DRB-Hicom are thinking along the same lines as me... Good, very good!

 
I have just watched the SKY re-run of qualifying and during qualification 1 between 19 and 18 minutes Mark Brundle did talk about this strong rumour going around the paddock.

Things appear to be falling into place. Or maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Thinking out aloud

In Malaysia Petronas are the year on year cash cow. They have been shareholders in Proton, are  in negotiations with Proton to use their E01e (Yamaha based) engine in their cars.
Petronas are sponsors of MercedesF1 and Yamaha MotoGP. They used to own Foggy Petronas.

Whether they want to be both owners and sponsors of an F1 team I don't know. They could afford it. They have a working relationship with Group Lotus through DRB-Hicom.

I just made this up... so its only conjecture! I'm not an insider.

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment